NEW KGC WEBSITE !!

  • FLOYD MANN
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004
    • Jim Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004
        Went out to a private swim club where I'm a member.
        The property has been a beach club since the early 40's. They installed
        a pool around 1970.

        I hunted the grass next to the sandy beach where they're are benches.
        I found 3 Washington quarters, 11 Roosevelt dimes, 2 Jefferson Nickels,
        and 21 Lincoln pennies. I stopped digging the clad stuff after about 3
        hours. I could have come home easily with double the amount, but I
        finally decided I wanted to hunt silver. Since it was my 1st time out,
        I dug junk intentionally, just to see where it appeared on the meter and
        what sound I am to expect to hear.

        I then went to the horse shoe pits and hunted there! I was pretty tired
        by that point and really didn't give it my best effort. I found a Wheatie.

        Interesting thing about hunting around the beach. The soil was 60% sand
        and 40% dirt. I was finding all this clad money at least 4" and many
        were in the 6-8" range. I think I'll go back with the 10" coil instead
        of the 8". I do have a lot of trash in the ground, but if I hunt slow,
        I think I can pull some older (silver) coins from that area.

        Just to let everyone know, in 5 hours of hunting I only got to cover
        about 1/200 of the property. I pulled all these coins but the one
        Wheatie out of an area that was 15' x 40'. I stopped digging clad
        signals after covering 15' x 20'. I got tired of digging!

        Since the pool isn't prime area, I don't think I'll spend any time near
        the pool area. I could possibly pick up an ear ring or some other small
        gold items, I don't think it would be worth the effort!

        Now for the best part. This park is 1 block from my house. Now the bad
        part. I've got to cover most of the park before we put out the picnic
        tables. I can't hunt there during the pool season! So, I've got 2
        months!!! Wish me luck. Anybody got a remedy for MD elbow?

        Thanks for listening!
        Jim Smith
        --
        Blaming the gun for murder, is like blaming the car for hit and run!
      • Ron
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
          Hey Jim Smith, I really enjoyed reading about what you found with
          your new detector. I sure would like to see more posts about what
          people are finding. I plan on getting a dector someday, just can't
          swing it at this time.
          In the past couple of years I've found a few arrowheads a small piece
          of primitive pottery and lot's of chips and chunks of tooled chert
          and coral just by walking some private property, I've started a dig
          and hope to find more indian artifacts.
          To see a few things I've found, just go to this link ...
          http://community.webshots.com/user/augie_otter
          and click on Florida Arrowheads & Artifacts ,click the pics to
          enlarge.
          Happy Hunting.