Re: NEED TREASURE LEADS FOR UTAH !!

  • rascally001
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
      --- In alltreasuretalesusa@y..., "frmpink2002" <frmpink@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Folks !! I just moved to Salt Lake City, Utah & am interested in
      > ALL treasure leads & stories that you might be aware of. Please
      post
      > any leads or stories here, or feel free to e-mail me personally.
      > Thanks ! FLOYD MANN ( FRMPINK@A... )

      Floyd,

      That's what I like about you, always on the go (or should I say
      run?) How close/far away from Salt Lake do you want to travel. From my
      recollection, Salt lake is a small city in the middle of a BIG desert.
      The stories I have are very vague and a bit of a distance but they are
      at least fun to read. Please let me know about what distance you want
      to travel I'll narrow down what I have.
    • Sean Crookham
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2002
        Hi Floyd,
        I noticed you are in Salt Lake City, that reminds me of a tale I'd
        once heard of an very rich silver deposit in the Black Rock Desert.
        As I remember, a party of immigrants chanced upon a white mountain.
        Upon reaching California, they sent back a group to find it but could
        never find it again. I'll see if I can dig up more of the story for
        you.

        Sean Crookham

        --- In alltreasuretalesusa@y..., "frmpink2002" <frmpink@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Folks !! I just moved to Salt Lake City, Utah & am interested
        in
        > ALL treasure leads & stories that you might be aware of. Please
        post
        > any leads or stories here, or feel free to e-mail me personally.
        > Thanks ! FLOYD MANN ( FRMPINK@A... )
      • Sean Crookham
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
          Another one I remember was up near the Utah/Wyoming border, in the
          Browns Park area. After a train robbery, some outlaws had wintered
          high in the mountains in a small cabin and buried $28,000 in gold
          coins at the base of a tree in front of the cabin. The tree was
          marked by a leaning cross, the cross pointed to the cache location.