New Member

  • sewell001
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2002
      Hello Guys and Gals,
      Just found this site after joining another on
      Yahoo...
      I currently run the Worldwide detecting smartgroup if anyone wants to
      join that one too... We have OVER 1250 members everywhere...
      http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/detecting

      Jim
    • mtflower
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26 6:55 PM
        Hi all, new member here and new to treasure hunting.
        We live in NW Montana, semi retired and we're just starting out, mostly gold
        panning right now but want to get into metal detecting. I'm saving up for a
        detector and am hoping you all will give my your advice on a good brand and
        model for the newbie. Gotta keep it under $300.
        What do I want to do with it? Use it for gold prospecting but also for
        relic hunting at some of the old homesteads around. We live close to the
        Clark Fork River and also have tons of creeks running in the area and am
        hoping to use the detector to locate any gold on the banks or in the river
        beds. I haunt the losttreasure.com site and read all I can on the subject.
        Any and all advice is welcome.
        Rose
      • Çirca
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26 10:01 PM
          Hi Rose,
          Nice to 'meet' you. I am pretty much a newbie as well. I find this to
          be a fun, informative group. You'll like it here.
          §unny in Sparks

          "The difference between death and sex is, with death you can do it
          alone and nobody is going to make fun of you" -- Woody Allen

          --------------
          In alltreasuretalesusa@yahoogroups.com, "mtflower" <mtflower@b...>
          wrote:
          > Hi all, new member here and new to treasure hunting.
          > We live in NW Montana, semi retired and we're just starting out,
          mostly gold
          > panning right now but want to get into metal detecting. I'm saving
          up for a
          > detector and am hoping you all will give my your advice on a good
          brand and
          > model for the newbie. Gotta keep it under $300.
          > What do I want to do with it? Use it for gold prospecting but also
          for
          > relic hunting at some of the old homesteads around. We live close
          to the
          > Clark Fork River and also have tons of creeks running in the area
          and am
          > hoping to use the detector to locate any gold on the banks or in
          the river
          > beds. I haunt the losttreasure.com site and read all I can on the
          subject.
          > Any and all advice is welcome.
          > Rose
        • earthvillager
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
            Hi all, I just joined this group today as I was researching a story
            of an old gold hiest here in the West Central mtn's of Idaho. I ran
            across this story some years ago but cannot find anything on it now.
            I supposedly took place at Last Chance Trail, south of Meadows Idaho.
            Any help or other stories of Western Idaho would be appreciated. Tx
          • Walker Joel
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2003
              earthvillager,

              Do you mean New Meadows, ID?

              earthvillager <earthvillager@...> wrote:
              Hi all, I just joined this group today as I was researching a story
              of an old gold hiest here in the West Central mtn's of Idaho. I ran
              across this story some years ago but cannot find anything on it now.
              I supposedly took place at Last Chance Trail, south of Meadows Idaho.
              Any help or other stories of Western Idaho would be appreciated. Tx

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • R H
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2003
                Hi Joel,
                Thanks for replying'. Yes Last Chance is also south
                of New Meadows, actually right near the Packer John's
                if your familiar with the area. Are you familiar with
                the story? For what I remember of it some Indians
                ambushed a gold payroll wagon. the calvary lit out
                after them, shot and killed them but when they found
                the wagon it was empty! The gold was never recovered!
                Any help or direction for research would be
                appreciated. As I've never treasure hunted before but
                live up here i figured as much as I love running
                around in these mountains it might be a fun thing to
                do with the wife this coming summer. thanks for any
                help you can give me. EV