Re: [allthingshistory] Interesting piece of history

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2011
      True that but we are forgetting that "trojans" were not used to stop disease (to my knowledge) until the modern era whereas the past couple of thousand years they were used (for those who used them) for birth control only.

      Kimmer

      On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Elena Vaccaro <earthandice@...> wrote:

      No, I am saying that animal products do not stop the spread of viruses into the human body, specifically AIDS.

      Romans would leave coastal area in the summer to get away from the 'bad air' and the diseases spread by mosquitoes and other swamp dwelling insects that fed on human and animal blood. Hence mal-airia.

      Elena

      From: Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@...>
      To: allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, October 1, 2011, 4:10 PM

      LMAO!!! Actually, the Romans beat them to it by nearly 2,000 years... and I mean in the dead animal tissue version although it might not have been intestine... can't remember off hand.

      And, on a related theme . . .

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
        I once saw a vending machine in the rest room of a truck stop that said "Plastic Spoons -- Sold for Prevention of Disease Only".

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
          I'm not even going to ask.....

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 5, 2011
            Probably wise.     :)