Dale Admits Cyber-Stalking Helen Mirren

  • Dale A. Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011
    Eva-Herzigova-Helena-Christiansen-Claudia-Schiffer-Vogue-136

    WOW -- once we read the detailed print on the cover on this Vogue magazine, we find that it is on the current issue of the Spanish edition of Vogue, dated September 2011.

    I found it quite by accident this morning while I was looking for pictures of Eva, and her name cropped up while I was looking for pix of someone entirely different -- the actress Helen Mirren.

    The three women named above are genuine supermodels whom I thought had disappeared from the world of modeling -- and into the worlds of motherhood and other things in most cases. However, they are all looking terrific.

    Sometimes, we see CRAP in magazine articles like "the best-known supermodels" blah, blah, blah. That takes sawdust for brains.
    The phrase "best-known" is part of the definition of "supermodel", and there  are no such things as "moderately well-known supermodel" or "little-known supermodels". THOSE PHRASES ARE SELF-CONTRADICTORY !

    When we say names like these, no introductions are necessary:
    {Adriana Karembeu, Adriana Lima, Ana Hickmann, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Elle Macpherson, Eva Herzigovina, Frederique, Gisele Bundchen, Heidi Klum, Helena Christiansen, Laetita Casta, Marisa Miller, Petra Nemcova, Rachel Hunter, Stephanie Seymour, Yamila Diaz-Rahi, etc.}

    Just because no new supermodels have been created in over 12 years takes nothing away from the ones who still exist, and in a way, it makes them more precious.

    It is rather like "Who were the best cowboys in the movies?"
    Well, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, of course, and not some young, dumb jerk in California now!

    Cheers, Dale