[Fwd: Help ARCE Retain Federal Funding]

  • Glenn Meyer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011

      ARCE logo

      JOIN THE AMERICAN RESEARCH CENTER IN EGYPT

      TO PETITION FOR CONTINUED FEDERAL FUNDING

      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/984/379/072/

      Recently, the Department of Education chose to cancel the Title VI American Overseas Research Centers (AORC) program following a Congressional appropriations bill (HR 1473) cutting $800 million from higher education programs. This decision has a direct multi-year impact on ARCE, affecting funds for salaries, library, equipment and the annual meeting. This funding has been an important component of our operating budget for the past eight years.

      CAORC (Council of Overseas American Research Centers) has created a petition to restore funding to the Department of Education Title VI AORC Program. We need to gather as many signatures as possible to help show the impact AORCs have had on the American and global academic community.

      We ask you to endorse ARCE's efforts to restore this important funding by signing the petition at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/984/379/072/.

      Please show your support of ARCE's mission.

      This email was sent to glenn@... by development@... |
      American Research Center in Egypt | 8700 Crownhill Blvd. | Suite 507 | San Antonio | TX | 78209