It was 40 years ago today...

  • Richard Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007
      Fellow history fans:

      In case anyone didnt know, the Beatles album "Sgt. Peppers
      Lonely Hearts Club Band" was released June 1, 1967 in the
      U.K. and June 2, 1967 in the U.S. The article I read really
      gushed about this being one of the absolute defining moments
      of the 20th Century. I mean, it was a record album...

      Richard Kelly
    • DJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
        Heck I just figured out last year that the Bass Player for Dr. Teeth
        and the Electric Mayhem was named Sgt. Floyd Pepper.
        Although I suppose I shouldn't feel to bad, I was only four when the
        album came out and haven't rebought it since making the change from
        vynal to disc.
        I can however say with all due sincerity that there are no hits on
        that album.
        Thanks
        DJ

        --- In allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Kelly"