King Tutankhamun's golden mask gets measurement by Japan team

  • robert-blau@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      I love when that happens . . .

      King Tutankhamun's golden mask gets measurement by Japan team
      Mainichi Daily News [Japan], January 20, 2011

      Experts from the state-run Japan International Cooperation Agency on
      Wednesday took measurements of the golden mask of boy king Tutankhamun
      and other artifacts at the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities in Cairo, in
      preparation for their transfer to a new museum. "We are proud that the
      Egyptian side put us in charge of an operation handling the country's
      most important treasure," said Mikio Nakamura, a JICA chief advisor. The
      operation is part of a JICA-backed project to reconstruct the database
      of Egyptian artifacts ahead of the transfer of some 12,500 objects to
      the Grand Egyptian Museum, scheduled to open in 2013 near the pyramids
      in Giza on the outskirts of the Egyptian capital.

      http://mdn.mainichi.jp/arts/news/20110120p2g00m0et074000c.html