Happy New Year

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
      Hello Group,

      With about an hour and a half left until the New Year, let me wish all of you a happy and healthy New Year. I don't know how it became the traditional some for the new year. But I note the irony that Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot somehow ranks, along with Oh Say Can You See, as the most popular song for which most Americans don't know the second stanza.  Happy New Year everyone!

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2011
        Hello Group,

        In less than two hours, Guy Lombardo* will play Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot and usher in the New Year in the eastern time zone with the Chicago area starting the New Year an hour later. It has been said that it's a short month from Thanksgiving to Christmas and a very short week from Christmas to New Year's- and so it seemed.  Let me wish all of you a very Happy New Year!!

        *yes, I know, he's long gone but remains with us as a figure of speech and cultural icon.  I think America's oldest teenager ((Dick Clark)) took his place as emcee but broadcasts from Times Square rather than the Waldorf Astoria.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2012
          Belatedly backatcha!