Re: [allthingshistory] revised texts: politically correct and culturally relevant

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1 6:10 AM
      "And maybe some people need to be offended, their sensitivities be damned.
      ... Those who say Islam is a religion of peace totally disregard the intermittent millennium long conflict Western Europe waged not to be subjected to Islamic potentates and a religion and lifestyle it clearly did not want.  I seriously doubt that the Western Europe of today has the spine of that earlier age.:

       I say this is so true. Look at France. They are being taken over right now by the Moslems and all they can do is squeak half heartedly about getting rid of the head scarf but they wont' actually do it. The French lost their spine decades ago. And I totally agree about being PC.. I get in trouble all the time or used to with homeschool groups, someone was always getting offended w ith me but hey..I still spoke up. The thing people don't realize is that Moslems or a good portion of them will have absolutely no trouble imposing their ideas on us.. wearing a burkha or a head scarf or sending out the makeup police. OR putting a ccomputerized muezzin out there to yell their prayers every five minutes. They will drive us all crazy. Allison

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 1:25 PM

        For those who disagree with you Allison, I suggest they read  Bruce Bawer's books "Surrender:  Appeasing Islam, sacrificing freedom." and
        "While Europe Slept: how radical Islam is destroying the west from within."--I am having a hard time trying to understand why so many
        people are willing to give so much of what makes this country great away.  I believe everyone should have the right to believe in a G-d
        of their choice or not to believe but enough is enough when you find that to critique a religion your life is in danger--those days should
        be far in the past.--Theo Van Gogh paid with his life, and although the government of Holland said his murder was not acceptable,
        they went on to blame him for criticism of Islam--What kind of freedom is that?--------------Nan

[...]

        Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
        SeeRefinanceRates.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1 5:28 PM
          I have never read those books. I think that sounds good.. thanks. Allison

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2 6:22 AM
            I agree that freedom of religion is one of our basic rights as an American. What I have a problem with is a person being forced to observe another's beliefs in the workplace.

            My sister sent this to my back in July. I do not think much has changed for  individual freedoms. Granted I do not live in a region where this is happening, but anything is possible.

            http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/07/atlas-tv-alert-hardball-tonight.html

            LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE BREATH WE TAKE
            BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

            >^,,^<

            Elena