More on the ancient dildo

  • robert-blau@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2010
      Stone Age Discovery: Ancient Sex Toy?
      CBS News [USA], July 21, 2010

      OK, let's not be shy about this. Swedish archeologists have uncovered a
      prehistoric artifact made out of antler bone that looks like a modern
      dildo. The phallic-shaped object, which may be as much as 6,000 years
      old, measures twelve by two centimeters. But deciding what exactly they
      came up with is the hard part for archeologists. Compared with findings
      at other Stone Age sites in Europe, experts say it is more common to
      find female fertility symbols, according to zGsran Gruber of the
      National Heritage Board in Sweden. In contrast, he noted, male fertility
      symbols are relatively rare. Another Swedish archaeologist, Martin
      Rundkvist, cautioned that there were "many non-dildoish uses for which
      it may have been intended."

      http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20011242-501465.html

      See also The Local [Sweden]:
      http://www.thelocal.se/27974/20100724/

      RB, Remember what it says on the label: "Use only as intended"

      "I just wanted you to know"
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2010
        The Romans had a bunch of phalluses around.. sort of a good luck symbol.. maybe this was too. Allison

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2010
          Re: [allthingshistory] More on the ancient dildo Many ancient civilizations had fertility symbols, like this one. On the walls of many Egyptian monuments you can see hieroglyphs with a phallus prominently displayed.

          Gabriel

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
            In our village, we use giant phalluses to stir porridge. Also to unclog
            drains, herd cattle, bang gongs, and hammer down the lids on canning
            jars. Also to bat shuttlecocks over the net. I just wanted you to know.

            Posted by: "Gabriel Wilensky" gwilensky@...
            gwilensky
            Sun Aug 1, 2010 11:05 pm (PDT)

            allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com,

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
              I'm fairly certain your comments are somehow in violation of Yahoo Terms of Service or if not they should be. ;-p

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2010
                Ow..that must hurt.  Allison