Trivia 1 Mar

  • Tristan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
      What was the largest nuclear bomb ever detonated?
    • Krissa Klein
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
        It was codenamed Ivan.
        The Tsar Bomba.
        50 metatons, detonated in 1961.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
            Yep. And you already sited the Wiki reference, so... And thanks for the Russian jokes.

            On 3/1/07, Tristan <nitsirtthecommie@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            What was the largest nuclear bomb ever detonated?

            "Next time you think no one cares, go to Gethsemane."
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
              Hello,

              Some nukes have gone over 100 kilotons ((100,000 tons T N T equivalent)) and one U S thermonuke ((H Bomb)) went 14 megatons ((14 million tons T N T equivalent)) in 1954.  The Russians set one off for some 20 megatons in the 60s, best as I recall.

              Andrew

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
                Hello Krissa,

                50 megatons was it?  I thought it was less.  Regards,

                Andrew

                Krissa Klein <krissaklein@...> wrote:
                It was codenamed Ivan.
                The Tsar Bomba.
                50 metatons, detonated in 1961.

                On 3/1/07, Tristan <nitsirtthecommie@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                What was the largest nuclear bomb ever detonated?

                Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.