Thought for the day

  • robert-blau@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 75 , Jul 11, 2009
      [The Enlightenment influence upon Founders & Framers]

      "We have duties, for the discharge of which we are accountable to our
      Creator and benefactor, which no human power can cancel. What those
      duties are, is determinable by right reason, which may be, and is
      called, a well informed conscience."
      -- Theophilus Parsons, the Essex Result, 1778
      Message 75 of 75 , Dec 20, 2015
        "Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains"