RE: [allthingshistory] And now, on to Surf Rats

  • John D. Beatty
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
      Especially sad is the notion that this guy was some sort of "hero."  He wasted resources on an technical education that he walked away from without using it for anyone's benefit because he was...unhappy?  Get a grip, guy.

      ___________________________
      John D. Beatty
      Co-Author of "What Were They Thinking" from Merriam Press/Lulu
      "History is our only test for the consequences of ideas"

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
        I agree.. and think that this fellow should have done a better job of educating his kids. He sure was lucky in his wife.. can you imagine living in a car? Or a trailer with 7 kids? Ack!Allison

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
          I feel sorry that the children were not provided with knowledge and information to help them make it in today's world. You can't just give the poor man a fish hook anymore--you need more. Besides, people learn from TV, radio, society around them.

          Joan

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2009
            Eating fish eyes would be enough to traumatize me for life. Geez...

            Lin

            .