RE: [allthingshistory] Atlantis found!: The rest of the story

  • John D. Beatty
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
      >> Last night Atlantis experts said that the unexplained grid
      is located at one of the possible sites of the legendary island, which
      was described by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato. <<<

      "Atlantis experts....?"  Indeed?  "Described?"  Hmm...not really.  "Mentioned" would be a better way to put it, and in the same context as George Gamow described Flatland:  A hypothetical place with no real existence.

      But, I don't know everything....

      John D. Beatty
      Co-Author of "What Were They Thinking" from Merriam Press/Lulu
      "History is our only test for the consequences of ideas"