Interesting science personality of the day

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2014
      Here in Chicago at the Field Museum . . .

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2014
        Robert has a fetish for such wimins..... young, nerdy, and dirty.

        On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Robert Blau <robert-blau@...> wrote:

        Here in Chicago at the Field Museum . . .

      • Martin Baxter
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2014

          Veddy innnnnnnnnnnnteresting, indeeeeeeeeeed... :-)

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2014
            Hello Group,

            I went to the Field Museum many times, and it has changed over the years. As a kid it had displays of stuffed lions, tigers, wild animals, dinosaur skeleton (still there), and a room dealing with gems. Years later there were some exhibits dealing with ecology, and I haven't been there in recent years. Parking was free but limited, parking at Soldier Field parking lot was a quarter, and admission was free.  Someone decided to build an underground garage in an area right near the lake making flooding a major concern, pumping a major expense, and high parking fees.  It also costs a good deal to get in with very few free days each year.

             Across the street is the Shedd Acuarium and farther down an adjacent road is the Adler Planetarium*.  Miegs Field once much used by general aviation is gone.

            *both used to be free and now cost plenty. I think the Oriental Institute**, expanded in recent years, is still free.
            **around 58th and University, run by University of Chicago

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2014
              Eat your heart out.        :)

              Fri Feb 7, 2014 4:43 pm (PST) . Posted by: