It was 50 years ago today

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2014
      Feb. 7, that is, that the Beatles first came to America. i remember it like it was yesterday.     :)

      Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 14:29:38 -0600
      From: ChicagoTonight@...
      Subject: Chicago Tonight E-Alert: February 6, 2014

      WTTW Chicago
      Chicago Tonight
      MAIN  |  VIDEO  |  BLOGS  |  ARCHIVE  |  DISCUSS

      Beatles_0.jpg

      Beatles 50th Anniversary
      We hear from Robert Rodriguez, a local Beatles expert, about the historic moment 50 years ago this week when they landed in America. Read an excerpt from Rodriguez's book, Revolver: How the Beatles Reimagined Rock ‘N’ Roll
      Read more:
      http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2014/02/06/beatles-50th-anniversary

      Web Extra: Inside the Artbeat Blog
      Let It Beatles

      Forgive me, but I don’t remember The Beatles arriving in America 50 years ago or their appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. My mother was in her third trimester, and I was born the following month, probably humming All My Loving. Read the Artbeat blog:

      http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2014/02/06/let-it-beatles

        Send to a Friend

      Know someone who might be interested in the Chicago Tonight E-Alert?
      Forward to a friend >

      Watch Chicago Tonight Online
      Watch Video >

      Find Recent Shows
      Looking for a recent show?
      Search by date, topic, or category.
      Search Now >

      Visit the Chicago Tonight website
      Visit the Chicago Tonight Website.
      Go Now >

      Follow Chicago Tonight
      Facebook Icon Twitter Icon

      Powered by Convio
      To Unsubscribe, click here.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2014
        Well I was only four but I remember watching them on the Ed Sullivan show. They were so cool. Before that there was Elvis of course but I used to watch Mitch Miller and there would be this little dancing ball with words on the tv screen and you could sing along..don't know if anyone here remembers that? Allison

        Feb. 7, that is, that the Beatles first came to America. i remember it like it was yesterday.     :)