Re: [allthingshistory] Re: Internet Radio Show to Address Judicial Accountability

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008
      Andrew,
      Actually,
      We are all interested in ALL THINGS HISTORY!
      This is evyl politics!!!

      Kim Patrick Noyes
      List-Moderator

      On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Andrew Jackson <dradjackson@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      Although the group generally does not approve of forwarding press releases, this may be a worthwhile exception as many of you are interested in significant civic and legal issues.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2008

        Hello Kim,

        Some of the arguments advanced for judicial independence go back to Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay- Federalist Papers 1787 and all that. Some of that arises in the milieu of Marbury v. Madison (1803), Brown v. School Board (1954) and its progeny, Baker v. Carr (1962) and other unpopular but constitutionally correct cases. Aside from congressional oversight of the judiciary ((tenure for good behavior per Article III)) or abdication thereof being a political or legal problem, some understanding of both constitutional and National Period American history is in order.

        I am aware of these considerations having researched arguments advanced by the judiciary for judicial independence and self-policing and also being aware of the historical milieu in which some key constitutional cases arose. Although judicial organizations and their representatives were invited to the Citizens' Forum to present compelling arguments backing their position, they either refused or did not answer the invitation so someone else  had to make their arguments for them.  Any accusation of bias by design would clearly fail. One would hardly ascribe less considertion to the accounts of Herodotus and Procopius for being contemporaries of the events they wrote about or Xenaphon for being an active participant. I note your position and hope I clarified any confusion in this matter.

        Andrew

        Check out http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/california disasters/
        Check out my blog at http://eclecticarca nia.blogspot. com/
        Check out my Myspace Profile at http://www.myspace. com/kimusinterup tus