Re: [allthingshistory] The talk show host.....

  • Martin Baxter
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30 6:35 PM

      Ni, Allison, and I doubt that I will. 'Killing Lincoln' was about as historical as 'The Cat in the Hat', so I'm expecting about the same out of this.

      On Sep 30, 2013 9:16 PM, "Allison Maricelli-Loukanis" <allison.ann@...> wrote:

      Bill O'Reilly wrote a book called "Killing Jesus". He was on 60 Minutes talking about it. Sounds interesting. He says it is a historical book, not a religious one. Has anyone read it? Allison
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2013
        That's interesting. What was wrong about "Killing Lincoln"? Was it totally off base and wrong factually or did he put some sort of spin on it that doesn't ring true? Allison

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2013

          Allison, it was so factually off-base that several libraries refused to categorize it as non-fiction, my own county among them. It's available in Historical Fiction.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2013
            Oh shoot. What a disappointment. I love historical fiction but not books that are billed as true but turn out not so. I like a thing to actually be what it purports to be. Thanks for letting me know. Allison

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2013

              More than welcome!