Re: [allthingshistory] Dale LIVES!

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 28, 2013
      That is ok with me. lol... but we do have to give him credit for being an innovative thinker in tying various themes of history together and for being able to come up with  a trend. Allison

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 28, 2013
        Allison,

        I totally give him credit for being an ass. Period. lol

        Lin

        On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Allison Maricelli-Loukanis <allison.ann@...> wrote:

        That is ok with me. lol... but we do have to give him credit for being an innovative thinker in tying various themes of history together and for being able to come up with  a trend. Allison

        And just look at the warm reception he's getting . . .

        What a guy!         :)

      • Martin Baxter
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013

          Not too sure is go that far, Allison. Man gets his facts wrong so often it's disturbing. (Doors anyone here remember his legendary 'Six Boroughs of NYC' post? =-O )

          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
            Lol.. well that too. Allison

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
              1) Yes, Allison, Dale certainly IS an original thinker. I'm actually a big fan myself.   :)
              2) Yes, Martin and Kim, by repeatedly insulting him over a period of time (mainly by saying "Right on!" to anything any detractor would say), I FINALLY got him to drop me from his amazing insights, pedantry, and base pornography mailing list. (Notice my use of the singular re "list", because, as you know, he only had ONE mailing list for all purposes.)
              3) I think that THIS link will display the comments. Happy reading:
              http://www.dailywritingtips.com/50-idioms-about-legs-feet-and-toes/
              4) What a guy!

              Love,
              Public service-minded RB,
              Founding member of the Dale Alan Wood Fan Club

              Posted by: "Allison Maricelli-Loukanis" allison.ann@... allisonann1960
              Date: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm ((PDT))

              ________________________________

                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                  Oh, yeah, I remember THAT one. [Let's see, I think it was Brooklyn, Queens, Montreal, Staten island, New Jersey, and Vanilla.]

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                    Well that was certainly amusing. Thanks for resending...Allison

                    Date: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm ((PDT))

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                      Well the six boroughs of the NYC area is beyond my area of expertise. lol...We could talk about the annexations of Houston...Allison

                      .

                      > > http://www.dailywritingtips.com/50-idioms-about-legs-feet-and-toes/comment-page-1/#comment-435657
                      > >
                      > > What a guy! :)

                    • Martin Baxter

                        Date: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm ((PDT))

                        That is ok with me. lol... but we do have to give him credit for being an innovative thinker in tying various themes of history together and for being able to come up with  a trend. Allison

                        I think it's the former. RB said something out off our view to him, and Dale's reply was of the 'you are dead to me' variety, of memory sevres.
                        On Jul 28, 2013 6:40 PM, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:

                        >Oh, I missed that post somehow. Why are we not getting Dale forwards from RB lately? Has he iced RB out or is RB simply not forwarding stuff?
                        >

                        >On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Martin Baxter <martinbaxter7@...> wrote:
                        >

                        >>We presume that because it's what RB says. Personally, I'm not paid up enough on my psych deductible to risk trying.
                        >>On Jul 28, 2013 6:36 PM, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:
                        >>

                        >>>I understand that but how do we know Dale has commented there?

                      • Martin Baxter