Re: [allthingshistory] Dale LIVES!

  • Martin Baxter
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 28, 2013

      I think it's the former. RB said something out off our view to him, and Dale's reply was of the 'you are dead to me' variety, of memory sevres.

      On Jul 28, 2013 6:40 PM, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:

      Oh, I missed that post somehow. Why are we not getting Dale forwards from RB lately? Has he iced RB out or is RB simply not forwarding stuff?

      On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Martin Baxter <martinbaxter7@...> wrote:

      We presume that because it's what RB says. Personally, I'm not paid up enough on my psych deductible to risk trying.

      On Jul 28, 2013 6:36 PM, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:

      I understand that but how do we know Dale has commented there?

      On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Martin Baxter <martinbaxter7@...> wrote:

      Kim, Allison and I figure that you have to sign up in order top see the comments.

      On Jul 28, 2013 5:54 PM, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:

      I'm confused... we're talking about Dale? How is he associated with this article... I see no comments below it.

      On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Martin Baxter <martinbaxter7@...> wrote:

      I'm not up for that, Allison. Besides, I've had several months of first-hand exposure to the man. Still wondering where I'm going to get the money for the therapy.

      On Jul 28, 2013 5:16 PM, "Allison Maricelli-Loukanis" <allison.ann@...> wrote:

      But in order to find out what he said I would then have to sign up to make a comment, wouldn't I? Allison

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 28, 2013
        That is ok with me. lol... but we do have to give him credit for being an innovative thinker in tying various themes of history together and for being able to come up with  a trend. Allison

        And just look at the warm reception he's getting . . .

        What a guy!         :)

      • Lin Kerns
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 28, 2013
          Allison,

          I totally give him credit for being an ass. Period. lol

          Lin

          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013

            Not too sure is go that far, Allison. Man gets his facts wrong so often it's disturbing. (Doors anyone here remember his legendary 'Six Boroughs of NYC' post? =-O )

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
              Lol.. well that too. Allison

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                1) Yes, Allison, Dale certainly IS an original thinker. I'm actually a big fan myself.   :)
                2) Yes, Martin and Kim, by repeatedly insulting him over a period of time (mainly by saying "Right on!" to anything any detractor would say), I FINALLY got him to drop me from his amazing insights, pedantry, and base pornography mailing list. (Notice my use of the singular re "list", because, as you know, he only had ONE mailing list for all purposes.)
                3) I think that THIS link will display the comments. Happy reading:
                http://www.dailywritingtips.com/50-idioms-about-legs-feet-and-toes/
                4) What a guy!

                Love,
                Public service-minded RB,
                Founding member of the Dale Alan Wood Fan Club

                Posted by: "Allison Maricelli-Loukanis" allison.ann@... allisonann1960
                Date: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm ((PDT))

                ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                    Oh, yeah, I remember THAT one. [Let's see, I think it was Brooklyn, Queens, Montreal, Staten island, New Jersey, and Vanilla.]

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                      Well that was certainly amusing. Thanks for resending...Allison

                      Date: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm ((PDT))

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 29, 2013
                        Well the six boroughs of the NYC area is beyond my area of expertise. lol...We could talk about the annexations of Houston...Allison

                        .

                        > > http://www.dailywritingtips.com/50-idioms-about-legs-feet-and-toes/comment-page-1/#comment-435657
                        > >
                        > > What a guy! :)

                      • Martin Baxter

                          Date: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm ((PDT))

                          That is ok with me. lol... but we do have to give him credit for being an innovative thinker in tying various themes of history together and for being able to come up with  a trend. Allison

                          I think it's the former. RB said something out off our view to him, and Dale's reply was of the 'you are dead to me' variety, of memory sevres.
                          On Jul 28, 2013 6:40 PM, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:

                          >Oh, I missed that post somehow. Why are we not getting Dale forwards from RB lately? Has he iced RB out or is RB simply not forwarding stuff?
                          >

                          >On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Martin Baxter <martinbaxter7@...> wrote:
                          >

                          >>We presume that because it's what RB says. Personally, I'm not paid up enough on my psych deductible to risk trying.
                          >>On Jul 28, 2013 6:36 PM, "Kim Noyes" <kimnoyes@...> wrote:
                          >>

                          >>>I understand that but how do we know Dale has commented there?

                        • Martin Baxter