Is This What Climate Change Could Do To SF?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2013

      Is this what climate change could do to SF?

      San Francisco Chronicle

      Could the City by the Bay end up being the City in the Bay?

      Artist and researcher Nickolay Lamm shows how climate change could theoretically affect San Francisco using sea level rise maps and a flood elevation formula from the non-profit climate science organization, Climate Central.

      Basically, we’d be kind of screwed.

      “When I was making these images, I based them off science, not any political agenda. So I just hope that these images make people think a little bit more about this issue and make them care about it,” Lamm told Weather.com.

      Using data from Climate Central’s computer model, Lamm projects sea levels out 100 and 300 years.

      Here is how Crissy Field could change, according to Lamm.

      Lamm’s illustrations of AT&T give McCovey Cove a whole new look. At least it would make it a lot easier to get a Splash Hit…

      See more of his images, maps and data here.

      Source: http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2013/07/19/is-this-what-climate-change-could-do-to-sf/#14247-1

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2013
        Sounds like a CALIFORNIA DISASTER. (Hey, that would be a good name for a group.    :)      )
        Posted by: "Kim Noyes" kimnoyes@... kimusinteruptus