Re: [allthingshistory] The bottom line on the Trayvon Martin affair IMO

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2013
      Hear! Hear!

      On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Robert Blau <robert-blau@...> wrote:

      Regardless of anything else, and who was right or wrong for doing what,
      the idea of making a civil rights MARTYR out of Trayvon Martin is
      RIDICULOUS. Although I mourn the loss of ANY human life, and believe we
      are all brothers and children of God, the fact remains that, on a
      behavioral level, he was a street punk who tried to beat a neighborhood
      watch member to death for hassling him. The shameless exploitation of
      this affair by the media and by race baiters is an affront to all the
      real civil rights martyrs who have ever lived IMO.