Re: [allthingshistory] 11 Food Ingredients Banned Outside the U.S. That We Eat

  • Martin Baxter
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2013

      No, not yet. My mother drama of talking a weekend jaunt to Savannah, for the sole purpose of eating there as many times as she can, but it's on hold, as she's recovering from a run-in with a nasty auto-immune disorder. Maybe at Christmastime... though there are a number of places right here in Metro Atlanta to get some authentic Southern cuisine, such as The Collonade (possible spelling issues there). Donned there back in 1986, after I moved here, and left stuffed and grinning.

      On Jul 10, 2013 6:51 PM, "Elena Vaccaro" <earthandice@...> wrote:

      Sorry to hear that. On the other hand there are so many people getting into urban gardening in New York, Philadelphia and other cities, it would not be such a stretch for Atlanta.

      If you have a vehicle or someone willing to drive, there have to be farmers markets in the region. Even here in stodgy northern Indiana there are organic farms, several on the small side just doing veggies and such.

      Now the dish. Have your eaten at one of Paula Deen's restaurants?

      Elena

      From: Allison Maricelli-Loukanis <allison.ann@...>
      To: "allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com" <allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, June 28, 2013, 11:13 AM

      Oh! Seems to me the only reasonable thing to do is start growing our own food. But that is a lot of work. Staying away from processed food is a good start. Allison