Re: [allthingshistory] Thought for the day

  • Lin Kerns
    Message 1 of 78 , Jun 29, 2013
      This is a lesson that has taken me half a lifetime to learn... but I finally got it. And it's very, very true.

      Lin

      On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Robert Blau <robert-blau@...> wrote:

      People have to make up for their spiritual impoverishment by accumulating material things. When spiritual blessings come, material things seem unimportant. But spiritual blessings do not come until we desire them and relinquish desire for material things. As long as we desire material things this is all we receive, and we remain spiritually impoverished.
      (Peace Pilgrim, `Peace Pilgrim')

      --
    • Lin Kerns
      Message 78 of 78 , Sep 4
        They teach us so much.

        Lin

        On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Robert Blau robert-blau@... [allthingshistory] <allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Who among us hasn’t envied a cat’s ability to ignore the cares of daily life
        and to relax completely
        Karen Brademeyer

        --
        Follow me on Twitter: