Fwd: I can't get over this:

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 22, 2013
      The level of foolishness and stupidity inherent to the Obama people is frightening. No talk about people EVER with knee-jerk Liberals.... it's those gosh-darned guns.... next up: abolition because alcohol is even less necessary than guns and causes far more harm to society.... and of course our ongoing and endless drug war has been so successful!

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 23, 2013
        Kim, it was a Republican dominated Congress that squashed it. Now I am not really happy with the Dems either as some of them also voted against it.

        Elena

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 23, 2013
          Hi, Kim's statement was sort of confusing to me...does he not like the liberals or does he like them but is he mad at the squashing of the gun bill? ???
           The gun bill wanted back ground checks... but there are already back ground checks in place. My husband had to fill out a mountain of paper work to get his guns. He also had to take a class of so many hours for his concealed carry. He says this bill would have made it impossible for a person to give another a gun unless they went to a gun dealer to arbitrate. And then there would be fees and all that. Now I fail to see how all this expensive paperwork would prevent some crazy idiot like the kid at Sandyhook from obtaining a gun...he used his mother's gun. He didn't buy it... she didn't give him the gun,I don't think, although i have to wonder why she had guns in the house with her son going down freak road. Seems to me what we need in this country is mental health care to get these nuts the  care they obviously need. But no... our government wants to ban guns ultimately. That is their goal. These crazies don't necessarily need guns...look at that nut in North Houston... he went after everyone with a knife. So are we gonna ban knives? And that rant Obama did on TV! That was just petulant. Allison

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 23, 2013
            All, as far as the gun debate goes, it takes a living breathing individual to activate the mechanism to ignite the gunpowder that causes the lead to shoot out of the barrel of a gun. In other words a person has to pull the trigger.

            While I agree with most background checks, if someone really wants a gun, they are going to find one either from a friend or relative, or on the street. And as Boston shows, an individual can run amok and create all sorts of mayhem without a gun. Heck I even know how to use a shotgun shell to make a improvised weapon and I am a 55 + woman for heavens sake.

            There are ways to hurt people that have absolutely nothing to do with firearms but let one crazy individual go on a spree and suddenly guns need so much paper work that we kill a forest to complete it.

            The way I understood Kim's statement was Congress was being extremely liberal which he equated with Pres. Obama. Obama is still trying to get a budget and as far as I have heard [contrary to some of the Facebook postings I have seen] is very in favor of more paperwork for gun owners, and if I recall correctly, a national registry for weapons. Maybe I am confused.

            Elena

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 24, 2013
              Hey Elena... I agree with you 100%. Kim..maybe you should clarify. I am still confused. Does Elena have it right as far as your position on guns/Congress?
               Just to clarify my position:
              1. More paperwork for background checks will not help.
              2. A gun registry would only be used by those who are already law abiding citizens and, in my opinion, would just be the next step in disarming said citizens thus leaving most fire arms in the control of the armed forces and the criminals.
              3. The Obama administration is only a couple steps away from being outright Marxist/Communist/Socialist. I don't have any faith in this particular government although as an American I will try my best to not be overly antagonistic and will try to show a proper respect for the office of the Presidency. I support our military and try not to think about the Commander in Chief too much.
              That is it. Allison

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 24, 2013
                Allison, maybe I have the definition of Marxism wrong. I thought in all of those philosophies the State owned everything. We have way to much capitalism going on to think of become a Communist state.

                I agree Government should stay out of our lives as much as possible [not as far as a true Libertarian]; unfortunately there are some things that the Government can do that even Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Etna or any other large insurance company can do.

                I also am very miffed at the 60's Dems for gutting Social Security leaving a mess the teenagers and younger of that day have to live with now.

                There is room for improvement, I am not sure how to deal with it in a manner that does not hurt those who do not make over $100,000 a year. I do agree with Warren Buffet that the very wealthy get so many more breaks than the average citizen. Just look at Romney's record. He has an IRA of over  $1,000,000. That is not how the system was set up. Yet he does not want to hear from those who make so much less. Mmm. And the Repubs wanted him as president? Still scratching my head over that one.

                Elena

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 25, 2013
                  Oh ..I am not saying that we as a country are Marxists... but I think Obama would like to make us so. He is trying to rule with executive order. You can tell he is frustrated because he keeps running into the Constitution. Gee,what a road block for him. But.. I am not overly impressed with Congress either. I try to be optimistic. Some days are harder than others. Allison

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 25, 2013
                    I fail to see the problem here?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 25, 2013
                      Reread what I said.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 25, 2013
                        I never mentioned congress... I was responding to the email from the Obama people about the President's gun control initiative and the sorts of pseudo-intellectuals who support it.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 25, 2013
                          Conservatives tend to misuse and abuse the words "Communism/Communist" and "Marxism/Marxist" as most of them do not know what those words actually define.

                          Liberals tend to misuse and abuse the words "Fascism/Fascist" and "Nazi (both the ideology and the person who espouses it) as most of them do not know what those words actually define.

                          Kimmer

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 26, 2013
                            See that is the problem with communication... sometimes it is as obscure as the original statement you made.

                            "The level of foolishness and stupidity inherent to the Obama people is frightening. No talk about people EVER with knee-jerk Liberals"

                            Let's take this a bit at a time... "Level of foolishness..inherent to the Obama people"... If you are referring to the People of Obama, his supporters...then shouldn't it be Level of foolishness and stupidity inherent IN the Obama people? Because otherwise it implies other people being stupid and foolish that are not necessarily Obama people. Surely you could not  be referring to Republicans???? ( lol)
                            And then the next line is equally obscure... No talk about people ever with kneed jerk liberals... Does that mean no one should ever talk about people with liberals? Or that people should never talk to liberals? You see my issue. Of course I have just been grading my daughter's English essays...so hey, you get the benefit of my homeschool mom expertise. But don't take my word for it...we have a English Professor here. She might have a thing to say.
                             You are, of course, welcome to criticize my use of the words Communism and Marxism as applied to this country. We are still a Republic operating as a democracy. I never meant to imply that the US is not so... but there are many who would like to change that. Obama included. Allison

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 26, 2013
                                Thank you for elucidating. Actually I feel the same way with the added dimension of no mental health that works because these folks that open up shooting others are crazy. They need to be treated/put away/ whatever. Allison