Re: [allthingshistory] Man held for 42 years in deadly Arizona hotel fire freed from prison

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      By pleading no contest he can't sue anybody now. That is the only reason for the plea bargain offer by the government.

      On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Elena Vaccaro <earthandice@...> wrote:

      It is so weird that he had to make a plea when the following investigation could not prove arson. I do not understand the mindset that someone was guilty because a jury said so. I did a paper on capital punishment that changed my mind about it when I did the research.

      Elena
      >^..^<

      Man held for 42 years in deadly Arizona hotel fire freed from prison -
      U.S. News
      http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/02/17568019-man-held-for-42-years-in-deadly-arizona-hotel-fire-freed-from-prison

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          allthingshistory-digest@yahoogroups.com
          allthingshistory-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Elena Vaccaro
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
        That is plain wrong. There are so many law enforcement agencies (including prosecutors) that refuse to admit the original investigation was bogus, that it casts doubt on all of them.

        I want to trust the "authorities", then something like this comes up. I want to know what else was swept under the rug who does not have someone to advocate for them.

        Elena