Re: [allthingshistory] Hello... just a short thing here

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
      Thanks Elena. I sure enjoyed it... the Caesar's Palace hotel was amazing. Allison

      From: Allison Maricelli-Loukanis <allison.ann@...>
      To: "allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com" <allthingshistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 11:19 PM

      Hi..Just got back from Las Vegas, my new favorite city. We saw Jubilee, an extravaganza featuring topless showgirls. I think I missed my calling back when I was a young adult. Should have moved to Vegas.
       But also we visited Hoover Dam. The guide there told a story about how there were 95 deaths in building the dam which was started in the 1920s and continued construction through the thirties. The first death occurred when one man fell and drowned in the Colorado river...then thirteen years to the day, the last death occurred when another man fell while working on the dam; he was the son of the first man. wow... but the power and the strength of that piece of engineering was a marvel. My dad was an engineer and I think he was with me that day in spirit. It was awesome. The construction in Vegas is awesome too. Outdoor escalators and overpasses connecting all the hotels. wow... the indoor malls. I celebrated my 52nd birthday by ziplining over Fremont street. Woo. Allison
      Oh I also apologize if I sent a blank email from my phone.