Re: [allthingshistory] Atlantis found? I wonder if this is true.

  • Lin Kerns
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 7, 2013
      Drats! I always forget about that! Bwah-ha-ha!

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@...> wrote:

      Wait, I thought the Lemurians lived in a subterranean city under Mount Shasta! ;-p

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Lin Kerns <linkerns@...> wrote:

      Would you believe that there are those individuals who are touting the submerged slab of Rodinia beneath Mauritis and Reunion as Atlantis. Now think on this a sec. Rodinia? ROFL.

      Also, Plato and other Greeks have given Atlantis' former location somewhere from Campi Flegrei to the Straits of Gibraltar, with even some saying the famed island lies nearer Spain. Ancient Greeks/Romans thought that Hibernia (Ireland) was located between Spain and England, so no telling where they really thought Atlantis lay.

      If there's anything at all to this new information, it would have to be related to a sunken Aztec or Mayan city, but Atlantis-Lemuria? Nah. No way. Not even a little. Now we wait on actual dating IF we ever hear of it again.

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
        Atlantis has NOT been found. However, just recently, the Law of Inverse Enclosure has been rediscovered and a matchbox declared the Prison of the Universe, with two fleas placed inside as wardens.

        "I just wanted you to know"

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
          I've always wanted to visit Rodinia. I hear it's nice this time of year.

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
            Hello Group,

            There have been various explanations for similarities in human behavior, use of  similar or analogous symbols, etc.  Some neo-freudians suggested a colective unconscious.  Karl Jung and his followers suggested ancestral archetyes, anima, etc. meaning essentially you get knowledge with your blood, no better way to put it.  Plato with Atlantis suggested a geographic origin or solution.  Then again some would go to Genesis. I have nothing further to add.

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
              What is there to say? I am watching right now a story about ancient aliens where Goliath, the one who fought David in the Bible,  and Enkidu's wild man in the Gilgamesh story are supposed to be alien DNA experiments. But the real alien here is the guy with the hair. There is just no other way to put it...he is the guy with the hair. lol...oh and we humans might be the result of Alien bio engineering. I truly think the guy with the hair might be. Allison

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
                Nobody has mentioned Erich von Daniken or his Chariot of the God yet.....

                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
                  I prefer my explanation as noted earlier: http://eclecticarcania.blogspot.com/2011/09/atlantis-was-actually-two-separate.html

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
                    Has too! http://eclecticarcania.blogspot.com/2011/09/atlantis-was-actually-two-separate.html

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
                      Hello Allison and Group,

                      We have statistical averages, but there have always been giants and dwarfs.  When I was in Purdue extension, a local store had some bargains, and the greeter was an 8 foot 2 inch fellow in a colorful costume with a crown.  We talked a bit: his parents weren't as tall, he didn't play baseball as his strike zone was too large to cover, and he couldn't get into the military as they didn't have uniforms his size.  That Goliath might have been like that would be a statistical exception but not an impossibility.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
                        And the opposite is true... there were once tiny people small than modern midgets in what is now Indonesia that were a modern human ancestor.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                          Oh I think most likely. Allison

                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                            Incluso los enanos comienzan pequeno.

                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                              The these ones ended smaller than most!

                              On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Robert Blau <robert-blau@...> wrote:

                              Incluso los enanos comienzan pequeno.

                              > Posted by: "Kim Noyes" kimnoyes@... kimusinteruptus
                              > Date: Fri Mar 8, 2013 6:25 pm ((PST))

                              > And the opposite is true... there were once tiny people small than modern
                              > midgets in what is now Indonesia that were a modern human ancestor.

                              > On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Andrew Jackson
                              > <drandrewdjackson@...>wrote:

                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > Hello Allison and Group,
                              > >
                              > > We have statistical averages, but there have always been giants and
                              > > dwarfs. When I was in Purdue extension, a local store had some bargains,
                              > > and the greeter was an 8 foot 2 inch fellow in a colorful costume with a
                              > > crown. We talked a bit: his parents weren't as tall, he didn't play
                              > > baseball as his strike zone was too large to cover, and he couldn't get
                              > > into the military as they didn't have uniforms his size. That Goliath
                              > > might have been like that would be a statistical exception but not an
                              > > impossibility.
                              > >
                              > > Andrew

                            • Lin Kerns
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 10, 2013
                                 Even dwarves started small? Aren't they already small?

                                Lin

                                --
                              • Elena Vaccaro
                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 11, 2013
                                  Isn't that Russia? Cold, very cold!

                                  Elena

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 11, 2013
                                    Elena,

                                    You're half right. Rodinia, the word, is derived from the Russian (I think it means "motherland") language. But Rodinia is one of the several supercontinents the earth has experienced; in this case anywhere from 1 billion years ago to around 750 million. It is the congregation of landmasses that our planet experiences due to plate tectonics. The next supercontinent after Rodinia was Pangea from which our present continents emerged. And one day, they will all converge again, but long after we have turned to dust.

                                    Shame on Robert... he was being facetious. Tsk.

                                    Lin

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 13, 2013
                                      Oh, I was in a hurry and did not google it. I knew about Pangea, but was not as familiar with
                                      earlier ones. Thanks.

                                      Elena