All things history---the sequel

  • Richard Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2008
      Greetings and happy new year.

      I decided to rejoin the group. A good history group is
      hard to find. Last time I probably sent too many dumb
      e-mails to the group, this time I'll send fewer and
      hopefully of a better quality.

      As a P.S., let me recommend Guests of the Ayatollah by
      Mark Bowden. Its an indepth history of the Iran hostage
      crisis. Bowden talked to several of the former hostages
      and even went to Iran and talked to some of the former
      captors (some of them quite disenchanted with what's
      become of the "revolution.") It also covers the secret
      negotiations between the Carter administration and Iran-
      ian government and the unsuccessful attempt to rescue
      the hostages in April of 1980. Bowden also wrote Black
      hawk down.

      Richard Kelly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2008
        Richard,
        Welcome back and thanks for coming back.
        I hope you haven't missed too much.
        I've worked hard to keep it lively.
        I don't get too many responses but I do post new stuff regularly.
        I often repost Robert Blau's stuff from Imperial Rome or Roman Federation groups (with his permission).

        Kim Patrick Noyes
        List Moderator
        (Tristan is the List-owner)