happy traditional holiday

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hello Group,

      Let me wish all of you a happy traditional feast of St. George*.

      Andrew

      *someone asked me about my reference to some presidents as saints.  It began when a bartender I knew said he thought monarchy was the best form of government.  I reminded him that there were few realy great monarchs, and he asked me how many really great presidents we had.  I responded: well Michael, we have St. George, St. Andrew, St. Abe- I think I kind of get your point.  It was late one evening, students had recitations, students and the professor were both nodding off.  I had a recitation dealing in part with FDR's problems with the Supreme Court and started out: St. Franklin and the Nine Old Men.  That got everybody's attention.