Are giant pandas worth saving?

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
      Are giant pandas worth saving? - Rock Center with Brian Williams
      http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/21/16964074-are-giant-pandas-worth-saving?lite
    • Elena Vaccaro
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
        Yes we have to make some choices. People make choices where they spend their money. If someone wants to give it to the pandas, then that is where it goes. Now, I remember the campaign to save the mustangs in the American west.

        If there are other animal organizations that want our money, they need to create a marketing campaign to draw attention to the animal of their choice.

        Elena
        >^..^<

        Are giant pandas worth saving? - Rock Center with Brian Williams
        http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/21/16964074-are-giant-pandas-worth-saving?lite

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            allthingshistory-digest@yahoogroups.com
            allthingshistory-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Lin Kerns
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
          If I ever become rich and famous, you better betcha I'll be focusing my efforts on animal conservation even more. My focus? Penguins (well, hey), wolves, jaguars, and any endangered species of birds.

          Leonardo DiCaprio is taking time off from movie making in order to push the preservation of Antarctica. Kudos to him for doing that, because inadvertantly, he's saving my penguins.

          Lin

          Future Narcolepsy Poster Child

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
            We may have to look at saving a lot more than just pandas if global warming continues. Allison

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
              Hello Allison and Group,

              Last week I was in a Panda Bear ((sometimes called Panda Burger)) restaurant.  I got to the cashier, pointed to a picture of a panda and asked: did you cook that thing?  The girl said: no, we wouldn't do a thing like that.  Concern for pandas is appreciated.

              Andrew
            • Elena Vaccaro
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013
                Oh, certainly. There are maps that show how the coastlines will be altered, affecting huge population centers. Much of India will wind up underwater if some of the more pessimistic estimates are born out. Should that have an e on the end?

                Here in the States, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, New Orleans, Savannah, Boston and Florida are just some of the large population centers that will be affected.

                Elena