Recent dino news

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
      Massive Dinosaur "Graveyard" Discovered

      A spectacular dinosaur "graveyard" containing thousands of fossils has
      been
      discovered in eastern Spain, scientists say.

      Eight different dinosaur species, including several kinds of armor-clad
      plant-eaters that were among the world's largest types of dino, have
      been
      identified among the 8,000 fossils found to date, according to experts
      excavating
      the site.

      Uncovered last June during the construction of a high-speed rail link
      near
      the city of Cuenca, the fossil boneyard may represent the largest and
      most
      diverse dinosaur site known in Europe, scientists say.

      _Read Entire Article Here_
      (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071210-dinosaur-grave.html)

      ------------
      Dinosaur Bones Responsible For Ancient Monsters & Myths

      Dinosaurs have undoubtedly been unearthed by humans over the centuries
      but they were not recognized for what they were. It is almost certain
      that the
      Chinese found dinosaur remains over 3000 years ago, judged by reports of
      "dragon's teeth" which were collected in parts of China now known to be
      quite rich
      in dinosaur bones. Bones belonging to dinosaurs were possibly the basis
      of
      the Griffin and Titans of Greek Mythology. Remains of the lion-size
      beaked
      dinosaurs, Protoceratops, from fabulous dinosaur fossil deposits of
      Mongolia
      near the ancient gold fields of Central Asia, may have been the source.
      In fact,
      dinosaur bones were found in ancient roman ruins, having been on display
      in
      their various museums.

      _Read A Book About It_
      ( http://www.geocities.com/stegob/firstfossilhunters.html)

      However there were various barriers that had to be overcome before
      fossils,
      and especially dinosaurs could be recognized. One of the biggest
      barriers was religious teaching, and it was not until scientists began
      to challenge
      religious teaching about the history of the Earth that this could be
      over come.

      Also, until certain skills such as comparative anatomy had developed,
      and
      scientists had become sufficiently familiar with the range of animals
      living
      today, it was impossible to appreciate the meaning of fossils. Once
      fossils began
      to be recognized as the remains of once living creatures at the
      beginning of
      the 19th century (less than 200 years ago), then the recognition of
      special
      sorts of fossils such as dinosaurs became a possibility.

      _Read Article Here_
      (http://www.genesispark.org/genpark/ancient/ancient.htm )

      --
      Check out my online scanner feed at mms://streamwebtown.com/northslocounty
    • Jeffrey Frantz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
        I'm not a crypto-zoologist, but it makes me wonder about the theory that scant few dinosaurs did live into the early Middle Ages and gave birth to the legends of dragons.  I'm not saying I buy the theory, just that it's fun to think about.
        Jeff

        Check out http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/california disasters/
        Check out my Myspace Profile at http://www.myspace. com/kimusinterup tus
        Check out my late grandfather teach the Word of God at http://www.ttb. org .