Galveston Ghost stories...and Murdoch's

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      My sister in law Terry, who is the one that established the IBC charity, used to work in a theater in Galveston, Texas... she told us that one morning she went in to open it up and someone had forgotten to lock the back door..there was a man in there and he was coming down the hallway fast toward her and she was scared to death but the front doors were pretty far... there is a side hallway there with a washer and dryer for costumes and all of a sudden a laundry basket came flying out of the side hall and landed with a big thump between Terry and Mr. Intruder, who screamed like a girl ( according to my sil) and ran away. lol.. this ghost would also mess up the makeup in the dressing room and the actors usually end up coming to performances already made up. This is the Theater on the Strand...here is a link. http://thestrand.com/entertainment/theatre.php. There is not anything here about the area being haunted but during the hurricane of 1900, about 8,000 lives were lost. The whole Strand area was a big morgue with bodies everywhere.  They took the bodies out to sea but didn't take them far enough so a lot of them ended up washing ashore. There are a lot iof angry ghosts out there. http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Galveston+flood+of+1911&fr=ush-mailn&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001&type=yahoo_header_mail
      Galveston looks different to me... Hurricane Ike really did a number on the island but Murdoch's is still there. Here is a link for Murdoch's... i love that place. Many people got proposed to there..it is a store but there is a spot to sit and watch the waves in a rocker. http://www.galveston.com/murdochsbathhouse/   Allison