holiday

    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1, 2012
      Hello Group,

      Today, April 1, marks the day we honor much of our political leadership.

      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1, 2012
        LOL... Andrew. Well I guess so. Here in WI we have Santorum and Romney, et al, making a lot of speeches. They may have gone by now so as to celebrate April Fool's at home. Allison

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
          Hello Everyone,

          Today is a holiday of sorts.  As at least one commentator noted, April 1 marks a holiday or feastday honoring much of our political leadership.  Happy April Fool's Day!

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 1, 2013
            But they are piloting a ship of fools so the holiday is in honor of all of us!

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 1, 2013
              Hello Group,

              Tomorrow is Labor Day which marks the unofficial end of summer*.  It also marks a day where our national and other leadership honors one thing it clearly wants to avoid**.

              *the unofficial beginning is Memorial Day.  The astronomical Fall starts in about 3 weeks.
              **I hate to think how many times the media wrote up a political candidate as a self made man and all American kid who didn't d a day's work in his life.

              Message 6 of 19 , May 30, 2014
                Hello Everyone,

                Today marks the traditional rather than official Memorial Day. Some celebrate it, others note it. I keep both days in mind.