Dig Days: Scholars Who Love Egypt

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2007
      Dig days: Scholars who love Egypt
      Al-Ahram [Egypt], 9 - 15 August 2007

      [By Zahi Hawass]
      Scholars from all over America gather to discuss the history and
      archaeology of Egypt. There are many universities in the United States
      whose programmes are considered among the best in the world for the
      study of Egyptology. When I took a Fulbright Scholarship to study in the
      States, I chose the University of Pennsylvania. One day, I was sitting
      in the laboratory when I met a lady who was working for a busy colleague
      of mine. The lady looked at me and said, "where are you from?" I
      replied, "from Egypt." The lady laughed, and said, "you are here in
      America to study Egyptology?" Many people do not know that Egyptology
      was essentially invented by great scholars from France, Germany and
      America.

      http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2007/857/hr2.htm

      --
      Check out my online scanner feed at mms://streamwebtown.com/northslocounty