Re: Salaries and billables

  • nyc_paratech
    Message 1 of 474 , Jan 2, 2001
      AS a former NYC para for over 12 yrs - Billable
      generally ranged from 1300 to 1650 depending on the firm
      and the area. NYC salarioes again are based on the
      area as for mine - Corporate and Securities (Based on
      12 yrs exp.) it can be from 45k to 95k.<br>In Tampa,
      right now I'm expected to bill 1350 and the salary is
      55,000 - less money but no longer do I have preclosing
      at 2-4am or come on weekends. I usually bill out at
      about 25-35 hrs a wk at the office - come in a 8 leave
      at 5 or 6.<br>Fedex p/u is at 6:30 so anything after
      that - tough luck.<br>I work at a boutique firm so its
      kinda neat - I see my kids, go to the soccer games -
      never could do that in NYC - always playing the hurry
      up and wait game. Cost of living is also alot
      less.<br>Hope this helps.<br>Figure you'll be required to bill
      about 80% of what they want 2-3yrs to bill
    • Carol Johnson
      Message 474 of 474 , Oct 16, 2006
        Contratulations Kent,

        I am still trying to get an interview.

        kent_1wa <kent_1wa@...> wrote:
        Congrats!

        Good luck on your job search. -
        -- In allparalegalsnetworkingetc@yahoogroups.com, tee_cee_12 wrote:

        > I am so excited!! I finished my paralegal studies
        > program this week!! I am now officially a paralegal
        > :)<br><br>I started the job hunt a week ago and 2 people have
        > taken the bait. I have to call them back to set up

        Carol Ann Culbert Johnson
        www.carolannjohnson.net
        Author of "I Confess"