Re: [allfaithstudents] prayer stoles

  • Rhonda Daniels
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
      Hi Kathi!

      I spend a lot of time looking for an interfaith prayer stole.  They are few and far between and VERY expensive.  However, I came across a woman who graduated from the New Seminary who makes stoles.  If you google search "the crafty minister" you can find it.  Otherwise, her email is daughterdonna@...  Her prices are very reasonable, and I already have placed an order.  Good luck!  Say "hi" to all the ladies from the Isle of Staten!  :) Rhonda

      Kathryn <IrshAngl1@...> wrote:
      If anyone has a site with prayer stoles please forward to me.

      peace and light
      Kathi

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • IrshAngl1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2006
        Thank you Rhonda,   I will locate that site. you have been very helpful

      • Dot
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 17, 2006
          Greetings to all of my fellow classmates.

          I had a wonderful experience today. For the first time I felt like a true Reverend! I was at my temp job. As I am washing my hands in the ladies room I over hear a woman talking about an auto accident that her son was in.  She spoke of an auto accident where two survived and two did not. She went on to say that the wake was today. Her son was one of the survivors.

          I asked her the age of her son. The woman was tearing up plus she is 5 months pregnant. She was rummaging through her purse and was doing all that she could to hold back the tears. I walked closer to her and asked if she would like to join me in a prayer. I did this at a temp job at the New York Mercantile Exchange while a woman from human resources looked away. My only concern was to bring GOD into the room to comfort a woman in need. We held hands and the words flowed out of my mouth.

          As the day went on I went walking around the floor to find this woman to see how she was doing. When she looked up at me she smiled and I saw that she was in better spirits.
          This is from the same person who was wondering how the ministry could fit into accounting!

          The job ends tomorrow and I can't wait to see what GOD has planned for me!

          In peace and love,
          Dot

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • IrshAngl1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 17, 2006
            Dot that was a wonderful God story.  That woman will never forget that day, and I think because of her experience she will pass it on to another soul, so freely as you did.
            Yeppers  God certainly has plans for his children..Thank you so much for sharing that experience and good news..
            love ya
            Kathi
          • Rhonda Daniels
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18, 2006
              Dot,

              You are God's messenger.  How wonderful that you stepped up to the challenge.  The very definition of an Interfaith Minister means breaking down the walls of fitting things into a category and understanding that spirit is universal.  What better way to teach the people at your temp job that lesson than through the actions you took.

              God bless!
              Rhonda

            • annieblock@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 18, 2006
                Brava Reverend Dot!

                Love and blessings to you....

                Annie Block Pearl, M.S.
                Integrative Therapy
                www.annieblockpearl.com
                212.777.3275
              • Simone
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 19, 2006
                  Dear Dot,

                  Thank you for sharing your encounter with this woman. I'm sure it is the first of many to come for you Sweet Reverend Dot! Good for you for showing up, being a vessel of God's love & not caring what someone else might think.

                  Love you,
                  Simone

                  No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
                  Make My Way your home on the Web - http://dell.myway.com
                • Renee Singer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 22, 2006
                    Message
                    Dot, thank you for the inspiration.  It's catchy.  I was visiting a dear employee who became a dear friend, Yasmin's new apartment on Sunday for a presentation she was giving a small group.  I arrived with a 9" red candle, wrapped as a gift.  While I was waiting for the event to begin an inner voice yelled out... this home needs a blessing and Yasmin, newly separated from a 25 year marriage, needs a blessing too.

                    So I offered to give a blessing. Yasmin accepted gleefully and reached for my gift... we always exchange candles when we visit one another.  It was a perfect unity candle, and she had two tapers sitting onthe dining room table.

                    The blessing was such a gift for me and for Yasmin and her guests to participate in her first event and the blessing was well received... Yas immediately started tearing up and tears were running down her face when I looked over at her, and she was speechless... I immediately responded with,
                    Oh Lord, maybe I should tell a joke! and everyone started laughing, including Yasmin who was able to compose herself ... the event was wonderful.

                    Being open to Spirit arising from within us is a gift I am delighted to share and having opportunities to do so makes me so grateful.  I share this in light of our leader Dot, being so generous with herself.  Thank you Dot.  Love Light & Grace, Renee