UMMM hi?

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
      Wow I must be like the first member or something.

      So u m like HI
    • hooi yu-mun
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004

        HI,

        i havent done any stick work before. the only weapons i know are the nunchaku and the chinese double edged sword. wat about you guys?

        heykwun

      • tecnogoblin@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
          heykwun,

          Hey it cool if you haven't done any stick work before... yet when
          you sit down and think about it you have in a way. See one of the
          things you got to remember is the simple stick is one of the oldest
          weapons. So a lot of more modern weapons are actually off shoots of
          a stick. Take the nunchaku.. It basically two fighting sticks that
          are joined together at one end by a chain or cord. Well that and I
          think I speak for every one here when I say it better to have and
          open mind and be interested in the art of stick fighting then to
          only want to look at martial arts and the weapons used in them as
          they relate to your own personal weapons training. So I am very
          happy you decided to become a member of this group.

          I myself started my weapons training on the bokken. I actually use
          the same grip I use with my bokken as when I use my Escrima
          fighting sticks. I know that isn't the norm but it just works for
          me. Later I moved on to the Jo staff, tonfas, the simple walking
          stick and finally I now devote most of my weapons based training in
          the martial arts to the Escrima fighting sticks. I mean that the
          beautiful thing about the martial arts... To me the main reason
          someone starts to study the martial arts is to take on a journey of
          personal discovery not just to become a proficient fighter... If
          that was the case all it would take to call one self a martial
          artist would be to have skill hitting a target with the smallest of
          hand guns or the largest of rifle..

          Tecnogobliin