caminos

  • Esugbayi3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2000
      Can any of you tell me anything about how Sàngó & Osósi are honored? In the
      tradition of If"a'Òrìsà that I've studied the Warriors is not given. So while
      I am familiar with Esu & Osun's paths (Esu Laroye is the master of my head),
      I know next to nothing about the paths of Osósi or Sàngó.

      Thanks for your help.

      ~~Steven
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2000
        Hi Steven,

        You aksed (a long time ago) about the paths of Ochosi and Sango. You
        also refered to the Warriors not being given in your path of Ifa'. In
        all the paths I know of the Warriors consist of Eshu, Ochosi, Ogu'n
        and O'sun. Sango' is not usually one of the Warriors. To answer your
        question, Ogu'n and Ochosi are feed when Eshu is feed(cigars and rum).
        Usually the offering is on monday, you blow smoke on Eshu and then on
        the cauldron of Ogu'n and Ochosi. Also, you spit some rum onto all of
        them, enough to lightly cover them. Hope that helps.

        Brian
      • Esugbayi3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2000
          In a message dated 11/7/00 3:27:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          ORIONAUDIN@... writes:

          << Hi Steven,

          You aksed (a long time ago) about the paths of Ochosi and Sango. You
          also refered to the Warriors not being given in your path of Ifa'. In
          all the paths I know of the Warriors consist of Eshu, Ochosi, Ogu'n
          and O'sun. Sango' is not usually one of the Warriors. To answer your
          question, Ogu'n and Ochosi are feed when Eshu is feed(cigars and rum).
          Usually the offering is on monday, you blow smoke on Eshu and then on
          the cauldron of Ogu'n and Ochosi. Also, you spit some rum onto all of
          them, enough to lightly cover them. Hope that helps.

          Brian

          Yes, that does help a bit. Do you know of any good sources (either books or
          websites) for info re Òsóòsi?

          ~~Steven