Re: Why do people think that....

  • Noemi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2004
      Alafia all:

      The "Christians" the spout their religious beliefs are following the
      bible scriptures that says we are not to praise any other God but
      him. I think they don't realize that God has emissaries and that we
      are not turning away from God. We just praise Olodumare, whom to my
      understanding is God. I believe in my spirituality and the upraising
      of my soul. My mission is to be the best person I can be.

      I was raised in the Pentecostal church and was taught you go to hell
      for the most minimal infraction. I can't believe that God would turn
      his back to me because I am santera. I am a parent and would not
      turn my back on my children, cause that's what love should be,
      unconditional. (I'm not saying that if they try to kill you or
      disrespect you in a way that goes beyond the norm, we tolerate that
      behavior. But if I weren't santera and my daughter or son was, I
      wouldn't turn my back on her.)

      Noemi
      --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, cheri milstead
      <yemajaolokun@y...> wrote:
      > Ashe Seremey!!
      >
      > I was brought up in the Christian relgion. Fortunately, I had an
      open mind and found my way to Santeria. This religion is very
      misunderstood by the 'outside'. Many of my blood family members also
      think it is a satanic religion. The important thing for me is that I
      know my beliefs, my religion and where it has brought me. This
      religion, more than any other religion I have been involved with, has
      taught me to be a better person. I am who I am today because of the
      love I share with my orishas! It comes a time you have to forget
      what others say and know what is right for you, what gives you peace
      inside. Be true to yourself and always to your orishas!

      <amigo10032@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > a simple answer to ur question would be that people fear what they
      > > don't understand or know. which only leaves them with one
      > alternative
      > > which is to bash or make ill remarks about what they truly know
      > > nothing about.
      > >

      > > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "hyprspax" <hyprspax@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > > why do some people consider Santeria a form of devil worship.
      > While I
      > > > don't believe this to be true, someone I was talking to had
      > mentioned
      > > > that because there was worship of deities, this meant that the
      > dead
      > > > were being worshiped which lead him to believe it was a form of
      > devil
      > > > worship. I totally disagree with that however,I would like to
      get
      > > > someone's opinion on this.Thank you in advance for responding.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2004
        !!!!!!!
        ACHE

        wrote:
        > a simple answer to ur question would be that people fear what they
        > don't understand or know. which only leaves them with one
        alternative
        > which is to bash or make ill remarks about what they truly know
        > nothing about.
        >

        > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "hyprspax" <hyprspax@y...>
        wrote:
        > > why do some people consider Santeria a form of devil worship.
        While I
        > > don't believe this to be true, someone I was talking to had
        mentioned
        > > that because there was worship of deities, this meant that the
        dead
        > > were being worshiped which lead him to believe it was a form of
        devil
        > > worship. I totally disagree with that however,I would like to get
        > > someone's opinion on this.Thank you in advance for responding.

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Do you Yahoo!?