FOOD FOR THOUGHT

  • Noemi
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
      Alafia Group:

      These are the thoughts that cross my mind, I was wondering, when we
      set out to make a pledge or request from our egguns or Orishas and
      then we do not receive what we asked for, do you think that the
      spirit isn't listenting to your request?

      I have stopped to consider this and have come to realize that maybe
      they don't respond because we aren't ready to receive what we have
      requested (i.e., a different job, a new boyfriend, etc.).

      What do you think?

      Noemi
    • seremey
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
        Alfia Noemi

        Sometimes things happen to us for a reason elegua and the rest of the
        orishas now when things are ready to happen. My Elegua always help me
        in any case I only use him for very important reasons for example if
        I have an interview or if I am travelling. About love I kind of give
        it a rest : )

        seremey

        --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "Noemi" <omiyale772001@y...>
        wrote:
        > Alafia Group:
        >
        > These are the thoughts that cross my mind, I was wondering, when we
        > set out to make a pledge or request from our egguns or Orishas and
        > then we do not receive what we asked for, do you think that the
        > spirit isn't listenting to your request?
        >
        > I have stopped to consider this and have come to realize that maybe
        > they don't respond because we aren't ready to receive what we have
        > requested (i.e., a different job, a new boyfriend, etc.).
        >
        > What do you think?
        >
        > Noemi
      • Noemi
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2004
          Alafia:

          Yes, I agree, humans tend to be spoiled and take things for granted.
          I have learned that I only come to them for important things,
          illness, employment, help dealing with situations where I feel I need
          their guidance. Yet, sometimes I see people asking for the dumbest
          things and then they wonder why their requests do not come through.

          Ashe,
          Noemi