Re: [aleyos-online] finding god parents

  • Leslee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2004
      This really is true. I tried for several years, without success, to find the
      right godparent, running into plenty of fakes and non-fits along the way,
      getting very discouraged and down more than once. But I wasn't approaching
      it right. Someone told me I had to come at it from a place of peace, and let
      my egguns guide me - and it turned out that, as I suspected, my grandmother
      was upset that I was even looking. Once I had set up a boveda and spent some
      time with my egguns, explaining to them, and particularly my grandmother,
      what it meant to me, the roads opened - when I was told in a reading that I
      had convinced my grandmother and that she finally understood, I found the
      right godparents right away.

      Get to know people, spend time observing them and their godchildren and how
      the rest of the community act towards them and how they act towards the rest
      of the community, watch how true they are to the traditions and the quality
      of their character and life, and when your eggun have led you to people you
      feel comfortable trusting with your spiritual development and the sbells
      tell you it is time, ask those you trust if they will give you elekes and
      warriors and take you into their family.

      Leslee
      > Claudia you must first go to your egguns and ask for help!
    • claudia salas

        > Claudia you must first go to your egguns and ask for help!

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Leslee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2004
          It is a great place to start communicating with your eggun and getting their support and guidance on your path. I think everyone should have a boveda.

          Leslee
          Thank you so much for everybody's help...    should I put a boveda too!