finding god parents

  • fumilayoabiodun
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2004
      Claudia you must first go to your egguns and ask for help!
    • Leslee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2004
        This really is true. I tried for several years, without success, to find the
        right godparent, running into plenty of fakes and non-fits along the way,
        getting very discouraged and down more than once. But I wasn't approaching
        it right. Someone told me I had to come at it from a place of peace, and let
        my egguns guide me - and it turned out that, as I suspected, my grandmother
        was upset that I was even looking. Once I had set up a boveda and spent some
        time with my egguns, explaining to them, and particularly my grandmother,
        what it meant to me, the roads opened - when I was told in a reading that I
        had convinced my grandmother and that she finally understood, I found the
        right godparents right away.

        Get to know people, spend time observing them and their godchildren and how
        the rest of the community act towards them and how they act towards the rest
        of the community, watch how true they are to the traditions and the quality
        of their character and life, and when your eggun have led you to people you
        feel comfortable trusting with your spiritual development and the sbells
        tell you it is time, ask those you trust if they will give you elekes and
        warriors and take you into their family.

        Leslee
        > Claudia you must first go to your egguns and ask for help!
      • claudia salas

          > Claudia you must first go to your egguns and ask for help!

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Leslee
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 21, 2004
            It is a great place to start communicating with your eggun and getting their support and guidance on your path. I think everyone should have a boveda.

            Leslee
            Thank you so much for everybody's help...    should I put a boveda too!