More Questions

  • Jonathan M.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      Tutu Laroye

      First of all I want to thank eveyrone who ansewred my questions
      before everyone who answered helped me out very much...I give my
      thanks!!

      Can anyone explain the significane of the Indios/Indians in
      Santeria? I have always wondered about them I would appreciate any
      and all informtion...what exactly do they represent; an Orisha?

      Also The Negrita or Pareja Negra...are they some special Eggun or
      something...I always see them around but no one can explain exactly
      what they are

      Also in Eggun Shrines sometimes I see a picture of a Hindu goddess
      holding a snake around her shoulders and in he hands in blck and
      white...does this ring a bell to anyone?

      I also wanted to ask about the significance of Dolls above the
      Canastillero...my abuela has two dolls in two chairs on top of her
      canastillero...

      I've heard of the Orisha Tronco Malo...anybody know about this Orisha?

      Also I was told that before I began praying to ring a bell, say "Omi
      Tutu. Tutu Laroye" pray and then knock three times after...is there
      an explaination for this...?

      Finally my last question is what does the Eagle represent in
      Santeria...

      Be Safe All...SantosChild

      Thanx In Advance For All Who Might Answer This SUPER Long
      Questionnaire!! (LOL)