Re: [aleyos-online] God parents and Derechos

  • Sita
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2009
      And can I just add that we should also be the priest that we want to see.

      On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM, <davidsoul720@...> wrote:

      I think it is our solem responsibility at this point to preserve this religion and lore. To not accept shady activity when associated with this practice! To set a bar with in our own lives and ile. To have good character and respect. To learn free of ego. To be patient with aleyos and their circumstabces. To not just take anyone in to this practice but test them and see what their about as a person.
      Just my look on things so far.

      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      From: Erik Mai Larsen
      Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:57:50 -0700 (PDT)Subject: Re: [aleyos-online] God parents and Derechos

      Alafia,

      That is very true there is a bad apple in every religion.  No one is perfect, and what we need to do is to make a positive change.  As the younger generation of Santeria we need to focus on making sure that the future is full of wise practioners.

      One of the best books that I have found in the market is the Camino de Ocha, this book is full of alot of great information.

      OmiLaded
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2009
        Ache! Exactly!

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        From: Erik Mai Larsen
        Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:57:50 -0700 (PDT)Subject: Re: [aleyos-online] God parents and Derechos

        Alafia,

        --
        "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

        – St. Francis of Assisi
      • Oyawole
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2009
          Alaafia Sita!

          My prayer is always to see what I have seen and put it into use! I pray if I have the road for Dillogun I read correctly and EXPLAIN TO MY CLIENTS AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE THE ROAD FOR INITIATION .. before I slap that on them ...

          Then if a stranger comes to my door without this lineage .. then I will make sure they understand who they are and why they are there and see them AS A CASH COW!

          The only thing I will say is this .. Monkey see and Monkey do .. noo .. I pray I do and be a monkey that see's .. and does ..

          May I have good Character .. and that I continue to try to build myself as such!

          Ase

          Oyawole

          --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Sita <sbattle@...> wrote:

          > And can I just add that we should also be the priest that we want to see.
          >
          > On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM, <davidsoul720@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I think it is our solem responsibility at this point to preserve this
          > > religion and lore. To not accept shady activity when associated with this
          > > practice! To set a bar with in our own lives and ile. To have good character
          > > and respect. To learn free of ego. To be patient with aleyos and their
          > > circumstabces. To not just take anyone in to this practice but test them and
          > > see what their about as a person.
          > > Just my look on things so far.
          > >
          > > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
          > >
          > > ------------------------------
          > > *From*: Erik Mai Larsen
          > > *Date*: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
          > > *To*: <aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com>
          > > *Subject*: Re: [aleyos-online] God parents and Derechos
          > >
          > > Alafia,
          > >
          > > That is very true there is a bad apple in every religion. No one is
          > > perfect, and what we need to do is to make a positive change. As the
          > > younger generation of Santeria we need to focus on making sure that the
          > > future is full of wise practioners.
          > >
          > > One of the best books that I have found in the market is the Camino de
          > > Ocha, this book is full of alot of great information.
          > >
          > > OmiLaded

        • Oyawole
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2009
            Alaafia Sita!

            My prayer is always to see what I have seen and put it into use! I pray if I have the road for Dillogun I read correctly and EXPLAIN TO MY CLIENTS AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE THE ROAD FOR INITIATION .. before I slap that on them ...

            Then if a stranger comes to my door without this lineage .. then I will make sure they understand who they are and why they are there and see them AS A CASH COW!

            The only thing I will say is this .. Monkey see and Monkey do .. noo .. I pray I do and be a monkey that see's .. and does ..

            May I have good Character .. and that I continue to try to build myself as such!

            Ase

            Oyawole

            --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Sita <sbattle@...> wrote:

            > And can I just add that we should also be the priest that we want to see.
            >
            > On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM, <davidsoul720@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I think it is our solem responsibility at this point to preserve this
            > > religion and lore. To not accept shady activity when associated with this
            > > practice! To set a bar with in our own lives and ile. To have good character
            > > and respect. To learn free of ego. To be patient with aleyos and their
            > > circumstabces. To not just take anyone in to this practice but test them and
            > > see what their about as a person.
            > > Just my look on things so far.
            > >
            > > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
            > >
            > > ------------------------------
            > > *From*: Erik Mai Larsen
            > > *Date*: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
            > > *To*: <aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com>
            > > *Subject*: Re: [aleyos-online] God parents and Derechos
            > >
            > > Alafia,
            > >
            > > That is very true there is a bad apple in every religion. No one is
            > > perfect, and what we need to do is to make a positive change. As the
            > > younger generation of Santeria we need to focus on making sure that the
            > > future is full of wise practioners.
            > >
            > > One of the best books that I have found in the market is the Camino de
            > > Ocha, this book is full of alot of great information.
            > >
            > > OmiLaded

          • Oyawole
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2009
              see them AS A CASH COW! ----------->I meant NOT SEE THEM AS A CASH COW ...:-) lol. Okayy Mercury Retrograde is involve .. or maybe Freud has me todayyyy .. Please forgive the mistake .. whoaaa ..

              Plus I am at work and doing 2 things at once .. guys .. so slip of the fingers!

              Oyawole