Re: [aleyos-online] Re: Need assistance

  • Erik & Mai Larsen
    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 2, 2009
      Thank you for your condolences and I know in my heart that my mom is in a much better place.  I know in my heart that I did the right thing by getting her initiated prior to departing.

      The look on her face when she was initiated was so amazing.  She laughed like she had never laughed before and she looked so beautiful.

      Don't ever give up on the religion, because it is the most beautiful religion of all.  With time you will find what you are searching for.

      Yes, there are people out there making money out of other people's problems, but there alot of people out there with a sincere heart.  The cost of the ceremonies is a issue and unfortunately it is going to be an ongoing issue, because of the cost of materials to initiate.  I wished that there was something that could be done to reduce the cost, however with the cost of animals and fabrics, tools, etc... going up that is difficult.

      Some houses will take the person's health and finances into consideration and will work with the person.  I know that in our house, Padrino will work with a person that is in a urgent need of Ocha, but their finances are unstable.  So, we are taking measures to help people more.

      Don't ever give up on the religion, because with time you will find what you are looking for just keep having faith and ask your egguns to lead you to the right path.  If you have the guerreros ask Eleggua to open up your paths.

      I never regret the path I chose to devote my life to Yemaya and the Orishas, because they have given me strength and hope inspite of my loss.  Had I not had Kari Ocha, I would have never been able to resist my mother's loss, but they helped me accept it and deal with it.

      Keep praying and follow your faith.  Don't let a bad spoiled apple ruin your appetite.

      OmiLaded

      From: Erik & Mai Larsen <larsenseztravel@ yahoo.com>
      To: aleyos-online@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 2:43 PM

      Yes, the egguns is a very good start and resource.  They are there to help us during times of need and we often forget about them.

      Before the Orishas there were egguns, so we should try to go the them.

      I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to find godparents.  I had my share of bad godparents and in fact my madrina in Kari Ocha was a piece of work and it was a very difficult battle with me especially since she took my mom to be initiated into Ocha for health reasons.

      I had such a bad taste in my mouth after all she did to misguide us, especially when we needed her most for my mom and she misled us all the way and wasn't there to support us.  Unfortunately, my mom past away and the thing that hurt me the most was that it was told to my mom in her Ita that if she was misled she would die, because she needed to be religious.  Our madrina at the time, worry more about money and never gave my mom her Ita notebook and my mom was never able to do the things that were in the notebook to save her life.  So, now I strongly recommend that when you are searching for godparents, especially if its for health reasons to be very very selective.

      If you notice that they aren't there to answer your questions at first, walk away.  If you notice that they have mood swings or tend to be short, mean, and rude, walk away.  If they have a arrogant attitude walk away.  If they want to take advantage of your situation, by asking for outrageous prices walk away.  A good godparent will be there for you in the good times and the bad times.  They will guide you in the right path and teach you all that needs to be taught.  They will be easily accessible and take extra precautions of those that need the extra care for health reasons.  Godparents are like an extra pair of parents and if they can't be good to their own children then they can't be good to you.

      Ask you egguns and guardian to guide you the right way and pray for guidance at all times.  Don't rush, because when you least expect it you will run into the ones that are out there just for the money and they do nothing but trash and then they want someone else to correct their mistakes.

      Where are you located?

      OmiLaded
      From: baby_48046 <baby_48046@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [aleyos-online] Re: Need assistance
      To: aleyos-online@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 8:53 AM

      First off, Eddie, I never said " I " did a shell reading. Try re-reading that. I said shells were thrown. and yes by a priest. My Elegba was never born with shells.

      Second of all, you should really READ what is being said instead of throwing stones, when all one is really trying to do is get and gain some sort of guidance and get answers to questions regarding situations.

      This is the primary reason I haven't spoken up and asked questions in the past. They say many people have no idea or understanding about this or that, yet when one asks questions and asks for help and/or guidance, we have individuals like yourself who like to throw "stones" instead of trying to be helpful.

      For those who have responded in kind, thank you very much. I am truly looking for guidance and some assistance. Please feel free to email me. I don't know much except for what is in my heart, mind, and soul. And that is really all I can go with at this point.

      --- In aleyos-online@ yahoogroups. com, "Oyawole" <oyalove9@.. .> wrote:

      > Alafia Eddie:
      >
      > She said when shells were thrown . .I am thinking that she had a reading???? By a priest????
      >
      > Oyawole
      >
      > --- In aleyos-online@ yahoogroups. com, eddie Aguilar <aintyebizniz@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > Baby, I do not know if anyone has answered this post of yours correctly yet, but SHELLS?  This religion needs people like you like it needs a hole in the head.  Some houses allow aleyos to divine with Ellegua with cocos but not my elders, but shells?  They are BORN IN BLOOD WITH YOU AND YOUR ORISHAS, you have no right to be using them, the answers they are giving you are nonsense, and you are probably giving Ellegua a big headache to boot.  Stop fooling us and yourself.  You are DEAD WRONG to be casting shells
      > >
      > > Eddie Aguilar

    • Heather
      Message 67 of 67 , May 19 9:07 PM
        I think everyone has heard or has a horror story about Madrinas/Padrinas who take your money then do the disappearing act. Or suddenly turn mean/rude/verbally abusive.

        That being said.....

        KINDNESS is what is needed most for those of us who are STILL LEARNING.... Especially those who may not use the exact "Phrasing" or their words are misinterpreted. We don't need to be ridiculed or demeaned by those who should be LEADING BY EXAMPLE and TEACHING THE PROPER WAY to say/do whatever is correct.

        We Aleyos look to our Madrinas/Padrinas and OUR ELDERS to teach us and lead us. Not verbally abuse or mock us (we are still ALL children at heart and much more can be accomplished with Love and Patience versus Cruel words/actions) or tell us we "don't belong" or we are "less than" because we didn't use the correct wording to express our thoughts.

        ...Remember to be Kind. When the Pain of another will serve you to remind that there are those who feel themselves exiled, on whom Fortune never smiled and upon who's lives the Heartache has been piled....