Re: Misas

  • Noemi
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 3, 2007
      Alafia:

      I live in the Tampa/Clearwater area and will start holding misas, so
      if anyone is interested please feel free to contact me and I'll
      forward the pertinent information.

      My godmother lives in the Bronx and she holds misas on occasion if
      anyone is interested let me know and I'll forward information.

      Noemi
      Omi Yale

      --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "nandino05" <nandino05@...>
      wrote:

      > Alaafia,
      >
      > Is there anyone here in the NYC area that holds misas regularly?
      >
      > Nandino05
      >
      > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "Noemi" <omiyale772001@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Alafia all:
      > >
      > > Great input everyone, thanks for joining and sharing. My first
      > > experience involved mesa blanca in NYC and I think the major
      > > difference is the table set up where a few mediums (I've seen up
      > 6-
      > > 7 mediums at a table) take a seat at a long table versus the 2 at
      > > misas I've been to after I did Ocha. We used the Allen Kardec
      book
      > > and played music (those Celina and Reutilo sp, songs that I love,
      > > lol). That's where I began to recognize my spirit guides and
      work
      > > with them.
      > >
      > > I agree, it all depends on the spirits associated with the people
      > or
      > > person that the misa is being hosted for. I love seeing the
      people
      > > being mounted by their spirits. I love the vibe when there's a
      > flow
      > > within those waiting to hear something and the mediums.
      > >
      > > Noemi
      > > Omi Yale
      > > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, OniChango <michaelito72@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Like I said with these masses there is a basci structure but
      > > depending on the kind of spirits and other cultures it can also
      > have
      > > a lot of a personal touch to it. My Godfather for example is of
      > > Cuban background but born and raised in New York City. His
      English
      > > is much better than his not so good Spanish but when his spirit
      > > speaks or he repeats what his spirit says it is strictly in
      Spanish
      > > and he sounds more Cuban than even me who was born in Cuba.
      LOL.
      > My
      > > sister in this house is Brazilian and on top of the regular
      prayers
      > > and songs sang in Spanish and the Allan Kardec book she will also
      > > read from this other book which is very nice. She also sings
      these
      > > special Brazilian Ubanda songs and some for Pomba Gira. It is
      > > awesome with her double Ashe. The basic shoudl not be toyed with
      > > though. The spirits are always orderly. Spiritual African
      > American
      > > songs sound wonderful. Even I am excited. I should start
      learning
      > > some. LOL. Who wants to come to
      > > > my next misa? You are invited if you can sing those spiritual
      > > songs, but then again, I only have AfroCuban not African American
      > > spirits, but it is a nice thought if you have those.
      > > >
      > > > OniChango

      Yahoo!
> [...]
      > > > padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}
      > > > #ygrp-vitnav a{
      > > > padding:0 1px;}
      > > > #ygrp-actbar{
      > > > clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-
      > > align:right;}
      > > > #ygrp-actbar .left{
      > > > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
      > > > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
      > > > #ygrp-grft{
      > > > font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}
      > > > #ygrp-ft{
      > > > font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;
      > > > padding:5px 0;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
      > > > padding-bottom:10px;}
      > > >
      > > > #ygrp-vital{
      > > > background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px
      > 8px;}
      > > > #ygrp-vital #vithd{
      > > > font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-
      > weight:bold;color:#333;text-
      > > transform:uppercase;}
      > > > #ygrp-vital ul{
      > > > padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
      > > > #ygrp-vital ul li{
      > > > list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;
      > > > }
      > > > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
      > > > font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-
      > > align:right;padding-right:.5em;}
      > > > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
      > > > font-weight:bold;}
      > > > #ygrp-vital a {
      > > > text-decoration:none;}
      > > >
      > > > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
      > > > text-decoration:underline;}
      > > >
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
      > > > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
      > > > padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
      > > > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
      > > > list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
      > > > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
      > > > background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
      > > > padding:8px 0;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
      > > > font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-
      > > size:100%;line-height:122%;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
      > > > text-decoration:none;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
      > > > text-decoration:underline;}
      > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
      > > > margin:0;}
      > > > o {font-size:0;}
      > > > .MsoNormal {
      > > > margin:0 0 0 0;}
      > > > #ygrp-text tt{
      > > > font-size:120%;}
      > > > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
      > > > .replbq {margin:4;}
      > > > -->

      > > ______________
      > > > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from
      > > someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

    • diamond sparkle
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 3, 2007
        i need to know if someone can help me with a spell?

        rel=nofollow>aleyos-online@ yahoogroups. com
> [...]
        > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        > > > padding:8px 0;}
        > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        > > > font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-
        > > size:100%;line- height:122% ;}
        > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        > > > text-decoration: none;}
        > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        > > > text-decoration: underline; }
        > > > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        > > > margin:0;}
        > > > o {font-size:0; }
        > > > .MsoNormal {
        > > > margin:0 0 0 0;}
        > > > #ygrp-text tt{
        > > > font-size:120% ;}
        > > > blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
        > > > .replbq {margin:4;}
        > > > -->

        > > ____________ __
        > > > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from
        > > someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        Building a website is a piece of cake.
      • Chango Yemaya
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 4, 2007
          I would like to know about the masses in the BRONX..

          Changomachete

          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 4, 2007
            Alafia:

            My email is omiyale772001@..., please write me privately and
            I'll forward contact info.

            Noemi
            Omi Yale
            --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Chango Yemaya

            #666;text-
            > > > align:right; }

            > > 8px;}
            > > weight:bold; color:#333; text-
            > > > transform:uppercase ;}
            > > > align:right; padding-right: .5em;}

            20px;}
            > > > size:100%;line- height:122% ;}

            > > > ____________ __
            > > > someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on
            Yahoo! TV.

          • GIGI BARROW
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 21, 2007
              Alafia,
              Is anyone in this forum from the Jersey City, NJ area?  I had went to a Misa when i was 11 yrs old and saw my mother dance with the drum.  She danced and danced all night long and the music was so uplifting.  I in turn became a persussion player because i loved the sound of the drum.  I like to listen to Brazillian music and Cuban music.

              -Gigi

              Chango Yemaya <changomachete@...> wrote:
              Alafia

              In the old day people used to sing at misa to bring down the spirits by singing old spiritual songs. Why did these modern spiritualist stop sing or dont know any songs or make up the words as they go along.  Does anybody have a web site where someone can find the songs so we can learn that singing is a beautiful and powerful tool to use in misa along with prayers to pull that energy that is need to bring down spirits.  THis is the way i was taught from my GOD father whom passed away. I miss the way he ran his misas.  Again is thier a website with spiritual songs i can find.. i only know a couple of verses to sing in a misa. And when i do sing and realize that noone else is singing it feels like Santo Idol...lol or Spiritual IDOL ..

               Chango Machete

              Noemi <omiyale772001@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              Alafia group:

              I was wondering what we can talk about. I was thinking about
              misas/mesa blanca. Anyone involved on a steady/consistent basis? I
              use to be involved on a weekly basis and am looking to get back to that
              spiritual work.

              What do you like or dislike about misas? Share your experiences.

              Noemi aka
              OmiYale

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

              Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.