Re: Preparing Elgua

  • jose
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2007
      --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Y M <chicaazul711@...> wrote:

      > Alafia fuzzybunny,
      >
      > I really suggest you find godparents...You need guidence. There
      is no way you can prepare an ellegua yourself. There must be people
      in TN you can go to. You are asking alot of questions sround the
      different forums that could get you in alot of trouble....especially
      this one. You DO NOT want eshu/elegua problems!

      > ~Chica~
      >
      > fuzzbunny21 <fuzzbunny21@...> wrote:
      > I was hoping someone might tell me how to prepare
      Eleggua. I don't have
      > godparents. There aren't any in the state of TN. But I would like
      to go
      > a head and make an Elegua. So how do I prepare him? What goes in
      the
      > hole? Etc Thank you

      > Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      Call me naive but would elegua punish someone if they are doing
      something out of ignorance rather than with malice?
    • Y M
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2007
        It is not quite out of ignorance. She has been told on other groups that she must find elders to go any further. She was looking for shortcuts and her main reason for interest in the orisha seemed to be to get her ex-boyfriend to come back. And what I was refering to was more him playing tricks on her rather than "punishing" her. If she really had a true interest in improving herself through these traditions we wouldn't want her to do anything to "close her doors" right?