Re: When dealing with infertility! WHo do you approach Yemaya or Oshun?

  • davidsoul720
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
      Thats what I thought but then someone suggested Yemaya because of her
      being a mother figure!
      --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, Iyawosito Oshun
      <eccster2000@...> wrote:

      > Personally I would turn to Oshun for matters of fertility and
      beginnings in relationships, I would turn to Yemaya for relationship
      maintenance and the raising of kids.

      > my 5¢, Oshun Guere
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy
      changes to Yahoo! Groups.

    • seamus32
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006

        Bendiciones,

        Ashe Oshun Guere people always forget that Yalorde is the orisha of the blood, fertility and sensuality.  I don’t know how this has been attributed to Yemaya who is the mother figure Orisha.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
          Bendicion/Blessings to the group, moderators, and elders...

          I find this to be a very interesting question.
          I would like to share an experience.
          When I lived in FL I would daily take my morning and evening walks on
          the shore. I would pray and give my respects to Madre de Agua.
          I remember sitting and talking to her and just patiently and quietly
          listening. I would tell her of how I longed for a child.
          She told me to bathe in her waters and pray as I rubbed my midsection.
          I was also told to take these waters home and keep them close.
          I would add them to my bath water. I also would always light a candle
          in her honor.

          And it did not take me long to concieve. I remember when I had found
          out - through my spirit guides - that it had finally happened-
          I was so excited, I had tears in my eyes and I remember running to
          the store so that I could bring her gifts.
          I brought her presents and laughed and splashed with her.
          I love her immensly.

          I was wondering... I see that there are those that are children of
          Ochun that would got to Ochun... Is it because she is your mother?

          May the blessings of love and progress always be with you

          Humbly
          ~PinkTwilight

          --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "seamus32" <seamus32@...> wrote:

          > Bendiciones,
          >
          > Ashe Oshun Guere people always forget that Yalorde is the orisha of
          the
          > blood, fertility and sensuality. I don't know how this has been
          attributed
          > to Yemaya who is the mother figure Orisha.
          >
          > _____

          <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41144/*http:/groups.ya
          hoo.co
          > m/local/newemail.html> changes to Yahoo! Groups.

        • Oyawole
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
            Alaafia:

            Yemonja is a great Mother .. she will help you with Fertility
            always .. she will help you keep the child and bear it with
            confidence. Yes, I would go to Yemonja.

            Also, I would go to Oshun .. I would use both of them!

            Oya to keep away negative winds ... and to keep the child sound!

            They are the mothers of this religion they work together ..

            They are the Iyami :-)

            Soo, there is no problem going to either one of them!!!

            Oyawole

            --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "davidsoul720"
            <davidsoul720@...> wrote:

            > Just a weird question. What would you do?

          • davidsoul720
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
              SO you would suggest dealing or going to all of them!
              --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "Oyawole" <sanni1148@...> wrote:

              > Alaafia:
              >
              > Yemonja is a great Mother .. she will help you with Fertility
              > always .. she will help you keep the child and bear it with
              > confidence. Yes, I would go to Yemonja.
              >
              > Also, I would go to Oshun .. I would use both of them!
              >
              > Oya to keep away negative winds ... and to keep the child sound!
              >
              > They are the mothers of this religion they work together ..
              >
              > They are the Iyami :-)
              >
              > Soo, there is no problem going to either one of them!!!
              >
              > Oyawole
              >

              > --- In aleyos-online@yahoogroups.com, "davidsoul720"
              > <davidsoul720@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Just a weird question. What would you do?

            • OniChango
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
                As far as I am concerned you go to Ochun for fertility dealings.  Yemaya to hold it all together.  Since Yemaya and Ochun are sisters, Yemaya took her message to Ochun and therefore your prayer and request was answered.  Give something to both of them. Many times they work together and are normally placed next to each other. Wherever Yemaya is, so is Ochun and vice versa.  The river flows into the ocean, not the other way around.  Neither is my mom so I am neutral.  There is a pataki where Ochun gives her children to Yemaya.  The same goes for those who sometimes take a while before crowning Ochun, Yemaya takes over.

                La Bendicion de mis mayores,
                OniChango